The St. Louis Area Diaper Bank distributes diapers through a network of community, non-profit, educational and health care partner organizations that are serving low-income women and children with comprehensive, evidence based programming proven to strengthen and stabilize families and give children healthy and happy beginnings.
If families are struggling to provide diapers for their children they are likely struggling with many other needs essential for health and wellbeing. Because of this, the Diaper Bank works exclusively with community distribution partners--adding diapers to the list of services our partners can provide--rather than distributing diapers directly to families. By working with partners, the Diaper Bank avoids creating a new distribution system--but more importantly, strengthens the programming of our partners, allowing them to make diapers available to their families. When families don’t have to worry about where to get diapers they are free to focus more intention and effort on meeting the goals of their engagement in our partner programs. Put simply: diapers strengthen the lives of both the organizations with whom we partner, and the lives of the families who receive them.
2018 Distribution Partners
Annie Malone Children & Family Services
- Bethany Christian Services
- Caroline Mission, Neighborhood Houses
- Cornerstone Center for Early Learning
- Danis Pediatrics
- Epworth Children & Family Services
- Gateway 180
- GiFT - Giving is a Family Tradition
- Good Shepherd Children & Family Services
- Great Circle
- Hancock Bayless Parents as Teachers
- Harvey Kornblum Jewish Food Pantry
- Hazelwood Bright Futures Foundation
- Jennings Parents as Teachers
- Kirkwood Parents as Teachers
- Lutheran Children & Family Services
- Mehlville Parents as Teachers
- Midtown Community Services
- Northwest S.D., Valley Food Bank
- Nurse-Family Partnership, STLCO
- Pattonville Parents as Teachers
- Perinatal Behavioral Health Services, WUSTL
- Queen of Peace Center
- Raising St. Louis, Children's Hospital
- Ritenour Parents as Teachers
- Riverview Gardens Parents as Teachers
- Signature Strong Start
- Southside Early Childhood Center
- St. Anthony of Padua Food Pantry
- St. Vincent de Paul Society, St. Ferdinand Parish
- St. Louis Public Schools
- Sweet Babies
- Webster Groves FaCE
- Youth In Need
Partner Story: Bethany Christian Services
Become a Partner
The only way the St. Louis Area Diaper Bank gets our diapers out into the hands of the families who need them is through partnerships with local non-profit organizations, school districts, doctor's offices, and churches.
The Diaper Bank's mission to provide diapers to the families who need them most in St. Louis is best achieved when we partner with local organizations already serving these families.
When families know they will get diapers through an organization they are more likely to participate in programs that will benefit them in other ways and are more likely to keep appointments with service providers. When basic needs are met, families are more able to work on the complex tasks of emotional, social or physical development being tackled by our partners.
The Diaper Bank seeks partners who are committed to collaborative work - helping us understand the scope, causes and consequences of diaper need in our community and helping us understand the impact that our diapers make in the lives of families.
We ask our partners to commit to helping us collect data, talk about diaper need and the Diaper Bank in the community, and to join us in advocacy efforts that would make diapers more accessible for the families who need them in Missouri and nationwide.
The Diaper Bank is focused primarily on partnering with organizations serving clients in residential or case management settings who could not provide diapers without our help and who are serving the most at-risk populations in St. Louis.