The Diaper Bank is looking for people interested in supporting our mission and willing to share their time and talents to help us grow and thrive.
We have a number of positions open for people on committees created to lead and support the St. Louis Area Diaper Bank's efforts to help keep babies across the St. Louis region clean and dry.
Committee Options Include:
- Diaper Need Awareness Week
- Communications & Outreach
- Programs & Partnerships
Committee members will be expected to regularly attend meetings, contribute to discussions, and help provide solutions and manpower when required to fulfill the committee's goals. If you're interested, please review the committee descriptions below, and then send us more information via this form:
Diaper Need Awareness Week
This Committee is responsible for the coordination of all aspects of the planning and implementation of the Diaper Bank’s annual DNAW events. Including, but not limited to:
- Create a budget for Fill the Truck and Bottoms Up events
- Create a preparation timeline for both events and recruit volunteers to complete tasks
- Set goals for diaper collection and cash fundraising at Fill the Truck and Bottoms Up events
- Manage the rental/securing of event space for both events and oversee communication with venue staff
- Review budgets initially prepared by staff, to help develop appropriate procedures for budget preparations and maintain consistency between the budget and the organization's plans
- To report to the board any financial irregularities, concerns, opportunities
- To recommend financial guidelines to the board (such as to establish a reserve fund or to obtain a line of credit for a specified amount)
- To work with staff to design financial reports and ensure that reports are accurate and timely
- To advise the executive director and other appropriate staff on financial priorities and information systems, depending on committee member expertise
- Work with staff to establish a fundraising plan that incorporates a series of appropriate vehicles to ensure that sufficient funds and diapers are raised to fully meet the organization’s commitments
- To take the lead in certain types of outreach efforts, such as chairing a dinner/dance committee or hosting fundraising parties, etc.
- Oversee involvement of all board members in fundraising
- Monitor fundraising efforts to be sure that ethical practices are in place, that donors are acknowledged appropriately, and that fundraising efforts are cost-effective.
- Create and staff an ad-hoc committee to plan the Run for the Roses event each year.
Communications & Outreach
This committee is designed to keep the STL metro community and the Diaper Bank’s partners aware of and interested in the Diaper Bank’s progress, events, and services.
- Increase engagement of groups/individuals in the work of the diaper bank
- Oversee development and implementation of the Communication Plan
- Create and distribute email, social media, blog and newsletter content
- Manage annual communications to partners, donors, volunteers, and supporters
- Work with staff to produce partner stories, spotlight features, gather photos and other news that pertains to the work of the diaper bank
Programs & Partnerships
- Oversee the application, interview and selection process for all partnerships.
- Oversee the collection of data from partner organizations
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all partnership related documents and records
- Oversee new program development, monitor and assess existing programs
- Initiate and guide program evaluations
- Facilitate discussions about program priorities for the agency